Sunday, November 9, 2008

Buddha on the Ledge

Moving into a new house is always such a frekin' pain in the you know where!!.. but i finally finished.. without even taking a day off work! Thanks to Mr. Dawood (the pathan guy who helped me move... not the underworld one) i managed to move all my cartons into my new place before i was literally put on the streets by my (now) previous house owners!
Unpacking generally takes more time... and took me around a week but yippeee doodle dee... today i finally finished setting the house up - after two trips to Ikea and numerous others to various wierd shops... just a little bit tweaking here and there is left, otherwise, the house looks livable -

And that brings us to the Buddha - have had this idol for almost 4 months - never quite had a proper place to put it in - but finally figured out that my kitchen ledge - connecting my kitchen to the living room happens to be the perfect place for it - and with my cool Ikea lamp focussing on it, it looks damn neat - and at peace finally!

So behold - here are the first few snaps of my new house - unfortunately, they are only of the buddha... but im sure you will get an idea of how the rest of the house looks - it just follows the same theme ---











PS: Sorry for not updating the Formula 1 Scene- it was the most awesome end to the season - but i really wanted massa to win the championship - and was literally very depressed to see him lose at the final turn. That is why, there is not going to be a congratulations post / condolence post for either hamilton or massa. All we can do is hope that next year the prancing horse dominates!

2 comments:

idletuesdayafternoonthoughts said...

love the snaps.... and the post .... :) muuuaaaah !!!!

Kiran said...

the budhdha pics are wow...